Friday 9 September 2011

DECO: White Bedroom


    Currently, I have my bedroom decorated with peaceful white and Java blue. It has had those color since I moved into my bedroom 3 years ago. Since then, I have not had any major changes besides adding a few minor decorations here and there. But recently, I have been thinking of having a metamorphosis  of colors, textures,  and designs to create my own sanctuary  of peacefulness and relaxation.

    From all the research that I have done to inspire me in the creation for my new bedroom. I selected the some of the most outstanding decorations to share them with you:

    Before all else, we have to take in consideration 5 rules from www.homedit.com :

  1. Painting diverse shades of white  (taking in consideration architectural details):
    • Cloudy white, ballet white, cotton balls, aloe vera... More ideas on www.benjaminmoore.com
    • Shades of Blue: Gives the room a  cleanliness look. This attic can be a room to keep all those useless things we barely or never use, or it can be transformed to this beautiful area in your house.
     
    • Beige, yellowish or brownish: Convey a vintage style by using carpets, furniture, lamps...





    •  Gray, Black, Metallic : Painting the room with shades of gray and having few details of black and metal gives it a modern view. Even if you have dark details on your room, there is nothing brighter than having the sunlight entering those white curtains in the morning 






  2. Place diverse textures and materials to give a three dimensional effect.



    • A lot of tulles and give knobs

  3. Decorations of a different color
  4. Or use white decorations but use different colors to display them
    • Blankets, stuff animals, pillows, frames, ribbons for the curtains, lamps, etc...
  5. Green plants and colourful flowers always gives life to any room, especially a white room.

1 comment:

  1. White really looks so dreamy... it's the right choice to bring a peaceful atmosphere to your bedroom.
    I was really surprised by the tons of choices of white shades that exist. I guess the choice you make will depend on the other colours you will use in the room. For example, the ideas I liked the most were the ones where you add blue, silver or brown to the room. So in my opinion depending on that you could then choose the correct shade of white that complements the other colour or colours.
    By choosing to have a white-themed room, it will be necessary to add interesting textures, or pieces to the room. It's like if your room was a white canvas, so you need to add a bit of colour here and there to make it interesting and unique. In this area, what attracted me the most was the adding plants idea since it's a mood booster. Also, the picture frames all on one wall idea looks great.
    But what matters the most is that you choose to do what you love. These are just my suggestions, but you don't need to follow them.
    You've inspired me to start thinking about redecorating my bedroom too. :)

    ReplyDelete