Monday 5 September 2011

Labor Day !


Today is Labour Day!
For many, today is just an extended weekend, but to others, it is a celebration to workers for their economic and social contribution to the community. In the present day, one can either rest and watch a movie at home or have a big festivity by organizing a bar-b-q party or even enjoy the parades downtown. On the other hand, there are many workers, like myself, who still have to work today. There are jobs that cannot be on hold for a day or even for a few hours. For those workers, I send my appreciation for their courage and passion for their professions.

If you are one of them or if someone that you know works on Labour Day:
What is that job that could not wait for a day?  

Labour Day also represents the end of summer, the beginning of school and to women, the last day that she can wear white fashionably. Do you follow this high society fashion tip, or do you keep wearing white, even when the snow starts dazzling?

Today on worker’s day, I start this blog which I named Eclectic Intentions; where I intend to write and share information that I feel inspired and interested which may come from diverse sources from the internet, real experiences, and questionable theories. I am hoping that this new hobby of mine can connect me to other bloggers and/ or to people who might be interested in the future topics that I will contribute.
Enjoy

-Lady C.

“The Labor Movement; the folks who brought you the weekend.”
~From a bumper sticker

“The end of labour is to gain leisure”
~Aristotle

Please comment and/or ask questions below...

1 comment:

  1. First of all, let me tell you that I'm so happy that this blog has become your new hobby. Always glad to get to know my best friend a bit more and this blog will make me discover new things that interest you and grab your attention.

    Love the name ''Eclectic Intentions''. It really suits your blog since you will be covering various subjects.

    In my opinion, I really don't see any need to follow that ''after Labour Day, no wearing white'' rule. Especially since white looks wonderful on snowy days... white scarfs, boots and a jackets go great with the peaceful snowy winter days.

    And well Lady C, I admire you and the many workers who keep working during the holidays, like Labour Day.

    Xoxo,
    Jeje

    ReplyDelete